This area was traversed several times by Lyner Barsett and his friends to reach different areas of the Tower, at least until they acquired the airship Gungnir. The first time they did it was to go back to Platina after obtaining the Hymn Crystal Purger, while the second one was returning to the Wings of Horus for some specific reason, depending on the route chosen at the start of Phase 2.
The Ion Plate has quite a simple layout and is quite an straightforward place, making its exploration a relative breeze. However, there is a path hidden in the second screen leading to some useful items, as shown in the maps below. Likewise, while it also serves as a crossroads of sorts between Em Pheyna, Silvaplate, the Crescent Chronicle, the Musical Corridor, the Tower Sector A5 and Inferia, most of the exits leading to these areas are closed off during the first trip around the place, which also simplifies the route the player has to take to continue advancing in the game.
- Shine Blaster
- Blue Stone x 30
- Ion Board x 3
- SC: Battle Secrets 1
- RC: Chain 1
- SC: Aurica's Pics (the path to it is obstructed by Solius of the Storms. Can only be gotten during Phase 3).
- Electric Guarder (appears in Green areas)
- Wyrm (appears in all areas)
- Mini Drake (appears in Green areas)
- Ishtamon (appears in Blue areas)
- Type 1025 (appears in all areas)
Number of Random Encounters in this Area: 8
- How the Em Pheyna Gates had been forced open (Shurelia, Lv. 1, appears after she joins the party, and disappears after clearing her Lv. 2 Cosmosphere).