Hello everyone, Tsuchiya here.
The day before yesterday, the Hymmnos Musical [Cocona -Two Feelings, Two Songs-] was finally released. To everyone interested in buying it, what kind of album it ended being? Well, that's something you all will discover when you buy and listen to it, okay? And if you've already listened to the Ar tonelico 3 Drama CD Side Finnel, we have also included a scene depicting Shukure's and Cocona's first encounter, so I think you'll enjoy it even more. We also took quite a long time for recording the songs, so we hope you all enjoy them greatly!
Now then, I've accepted around 20 questions for this issue of the Technical Data Compilation Room. This time I've received a lot of contributions pointing out several inconsistencies that my answers had in previous issues, so I've given priority to answering them (even if they didn't have any questions in them) to dispel any confusion I might have caused to you all. Lately I've committed several mistakes and caused a lot of problems to you all. I wish I could focus myself better.
I'll continue accepting questions the next issue as well, so feel free to send as many as you want, please!
Thank for all your hard work.
1) In the 11th issue, you said that Mir would be capable of singing Suspend, but isn't that an Hymmnos exclusive to Lady Shurelia? Or was the [198,000 SHmag/s 9.8x10^5Hz: Origin-exclusive capacity] written in the Hymmnoserver a mistake?
2) We all know that Mir was created with especially high abilities, but what wouldn't she be capable of doing aside of singing in New Testament of Pastalie or becoming a Tower Administrator?
3) I was quite shocked to see [Dislikes: Eolia] in Tilia's profile. It may have been set that way, but how would an Heroine voice her dislike for other, and what names would she call her?
1) As you said, what I wrote in the 11th issue was a mistake. While it doesn't change what I said about it being possible for her to gain access to Suspend (through other methods such as hacking), actually singing it would become impossible for her due to capacity problems.
2) There aren't any basic things that I can think off at the moment, although there are a few things possible and impossible to the Origins that she could do. As for the reason that makes it impossible for her to [become a Tower Administrator], we could think it's because the Origins are exceptional, but it's actually due to the fact that [she was created as a Pureblooded β-type]. That's what makes her the same as Misha and other Pureblooded β-types: βs were all made under a general standard in order to ensure full compatibility with all of the Hymn Crystals that were to be used by them, so there wouldn't be any problems in that front. Because of that, there aren't any possible or impossible things for her that other βs couldn't do.
3) That was an honest description based off historical facts. Please, keep that on mind.
Thank you for all your hard work.
Yesterday, I read as much as I could of the Setting Encyclopedias, but they left me with a few questions:
In 1's Setting Encyclopedia, in the article about the Life Extending Agent, it was written that Third Generations needed it because they lacked a Triangular Nuclear Loop, which made the LEM's HD Conversion Ring to transform the Static H-Waves of the body into Dynamic H-Waves, causing the gradual self-destruction of the body.
However, in 3's Setting Encyclopedia, it was written that EXEC_METAFALICA/. worked by transforming the Triangular Nuclear Loop of the singer into an Autostabilizing Tesseractal Nuclear Loop, so it made it seem that either Luca or Cloche had a Triangular Nuclear Loop inside them which was transformed into an Autostabilizing Tesseractal Nuclear Loop when Deathlandia was created.
...What does this mean?
I'm very sorry, the description in the AT3 Setting Encyclopedia is mistaken. Neither Luca or Cloche have a Triangular Nuclear Loop. Strictly speaking, EXEC_METAFALICA/. absorbs the Triangular Nuclear Loop of the singer if she happens to have one, but if she doesn't, the LEM will instead absorb as many of the H-Waves from her human nature as possible.
1) What's the meaning of the phrase [the People of Mesys] that appeared at the end of the story related to the [Nyo?] in the Singing Hill -Ar=Ciel Ar=Dor- booklet?
2) Finnel was configured to be an individual with excellent reflexes and the ability to take decisions instantly according to the Setting Encyclopedia. How come she didn't display any of these traits in the game? Was it because of all the bullying to which she was subjected, or there was something else that didn't allow her to manifest these traits? And since Soma was capable of using these traits instead, does that mean that Soma is capable of using all of Finnel's abilities?
1) I'm sorry, that was a misprint in the storybook.
2) While it'd be correct to assume that it's mainly due to the latter, because of her body being inhabited by several personae, there's also something in the reason that goes quite close to the former. Actually all the personae share a physical part (muscles and such), so this should allow all of them to use Finnel's physical abilities, but since Soma overtook the mental part controlling them, Finnel isn't aware that she has all of these abilities. Because of that (and partially due to her own prejudices) it's that she doesn't demonstrate these abilities.
Thank you for all the hard work you've done every week in maintaining this corner.
The Terraced Fields that appeared in 1 have different crops from those found in the rest of the region? I mean, while climbing the outer walls of the Tower (and their surroundings), one could see several farmers and a few crop fields in there, so I got the feeling that they made their living from the land, and I was wondering if the Fields had any particular crops due to climatical reasons.
Likewise, I thought they should have an specialty product like other areas, so please, tell me what specialty product they have, since they were set as being so close to Firefly Alley. Finally, given that everything produced here gets sent to Firefly Alley, does that mean that all of inhabitants of this place are generally full-time farmers?
(Sunset Crescent Cello Moon Key Axe)
The products that are harvested from the Terraced Fields are different from those harvested at the Wings of Horus. And of course, all the people that settle down in this place do so with the goal of producing food (because the price per unit is quite expensive). Their specialty product are Landos, and while their main customers are Firefly Alley, the Alley itself also serves as the road they use to ship their products the Nemo.
The two Clusternian Supreme Commanders we know about have both different weapons, but is it decided by themselves as they grow?
As for General Akane, while she was planned to have excellent analytical skills, it looks like she also has physical abilities that surpass those of everyone else in the Third Tower, isn't it?
Each person chooses the weapon they liked the most. As for Akane, she was planned to excel at physical abilities as well and she comes only second to Finnel among the Reyvateils that were born at the same time as them (including those who perished).
Sol Ciel doesn't have the kind of culture that needs a national flag, and this is because they don't know the general concept of a [nation], given that the national organizations that keep the public order: the Church and Tenba, were continuously fighting for supremacy, and the largest communal unit they have are [cities] that govern themselves with the support of either Tenba or the Church.
Therefore, either the logos of Tenba or the Church would be their national flags.
1) What's the meaning of [Apsaranika] in the name of the Apsaranika Park?
2) Is the story from the lyrics and the feelings contained in EXEC_FLIP_FUSIONSPHERE/. something passed down in Sol Cluster, or is it a story that Finnel improvised on the spot?
1) I'm sorry. I remember the time when I gave it that name, but since it has been so long, it has ended becoming a vague memory to the point I can't remember from where I took it. However, I do remember something to the effect of having taken it from a [free city] that existed long ago in Eastern Europe.
2) It was basically made up by Finnel. However, since Song Magic originates from the individual fantasies of the singer, there are several cases in which a story serves as the basis for them. This means that everything made in the world could have been based off from something else that was made in the past, so even Finnel's Fusionsphere should be based off from a story she heard a long time ago.
Thank you for all your hard work. I'm greatly looking forward to the newest Hymmnos Musical.
Now, I have a question about the artificial satellites used by the Reyvateils and how much range they cover. Taking in account the safety of the Pureblooded β-types, wouldn't it be necessary to completely duplicate them (or make as many copies as necessary)?
This was the only question I had, but since I'm a network engineer as well, I wanted inquire about it a little futher.
Once some decades have passed and some of the satellites started failing, wouldn't that put all the Pureblooded β-types in the ranges covered by these satellites to sleep? (But perhaps they would be inside the range of other satellites as well, so I don't think this wouldn't completely cut off their connections to their respective Towers.)
I also thought that if they were similar to the satellites used by cellphones, which don't have any antennae, there should be several satellites orbiting the Planet, each of them covering an specific range that would also overlap with that of others due to having similar specifications, making them interchangeable with each other, which wouldn't cause any problems even in case any of them broke down.
At any rate, no matter how much of a genius Sasha is, I don't really think it would be really possible to understand the technologies inherited from the First Era through inventiveness alone, let alone being able to become such a great engineer (and without mentioning the fact that she even managed to put them to practical use). Did this have to do with the fact that they read her Wave Science books instead of fairytales while she grew up, considering how many things are piled up in the Nya Nya Shop? (these would be all of my questions for this week, actually).
The fact that several of these (centuries old-) technological books remained in the Nya Nya Shop instead of being kept as invaluable treasures is quite mysterious, don't you think?
If we're talking about the Inter-Tower network, basically there would be several economic problems that wouldn't allow to cover the entire surface with it, therefore the redundancy and coverage is only limited to the shortest route between each of the Towers. While there's only one satellite floating between the First and Second Towers, actually they are close enough to be in range even if there weren't any satellites between them.
As for the First and Third Towers, there are two satellites floating between them, as it was planned that they would cover both of their areas mutually.
いつも気になるので質問します。アルトネリコ２のサウンドトラックの『真夜中の内緒話』を聞いていると英語で「A・O・D・O・N・E・L・I・G・O Ar tonelico」と言っている気がします。これはどういう意味でしょうか？
Here's a question that has been troubling me for a long time. Whenever I hear the song [A Secret Meeting at Midnight] from the Ar tonelico 2 Soundtack, I have the feeling that they are saying [A・O・D・O・N・E・L・I・G・O] in English. What does that mean?
The actual phrase is [A・R・T・O・N・E・L・I・C・O], and as you can guess, it means [Ar tonelico].
I bought Singing Hill ~Ar=Ciel Ar=Dor~ just yesterday, and getting and listening to it was quite a bliss.
However, while I was listening to the album and reading the booklet, I found something that troubled me so much that I decided to ask about it.
In the story "The Chronicles of Resshikou ~The Emperor of Wailing Thunder~", there was a passage saying [In response to the king's prayer, Koudeinomikoto (Listea) sent his first son, Raikokubishi, to... (not posting the rest to avoid giving spoilers to others)", but upon reading the Genealogy of the Gods chart at the end of the booklet, it seemed that Raikokubishi was actually Soumanomiya's (Soma's) son...
If I overlooked something while reading, I'm very sorry, and I'll be looking forward to your answer.
I'm very sorry, this was a misprint too. Actually Raikokubishi is Koudeinomikoto's first son.
Given that so many of these mistakes have come to light, one of these days I'll have to publish a compilation of all the errors that were present in the Singing Hill ~Ar=Ciel Ar=Dor~ booklet. I'm sorry for causing you all problems.
102回トウコウでのテクニカでインフェルが、「cEzE」と「Wee yea ra hymme」の例を出していますが、これは単純に「声」の話だけでなくサーバーとのやりとりでも同様のことが起きている、ということでいいのでしょうか？
It might be kinda late for it, but I want to ask a question on how the Reyvateils sing and their Song Magic is executed.
I'm case my interpretations are wrong, please forgive me for asking absurd questions: in the execution process of Song Magic, I've interpreted the past explanations "the [voice] emitted by the Reyvateils doesn't merely work as a booster, but it's also necessary for the Soulspace communication that takes place between the Reyvateil and the Server".
Based on the above, this makes the New Testament of Pastalie an accelerated and optimized version of the Soulspace communication with the SH Server?
In the Technical Service Center of the 102th Toukousphere, Infel explained with examples such as [cEzE] and [Wee yea ra hymme] that these words weren't merely pronounced by the [voice], so it would be correct to consider them as similar due to both establishing the communication with the Server?
Also, going a little off the topic, if the Reyvateil herself doesn't emit her voice, this would cut-off the [return] from the Tower, allowing her to execute soundless Song Magic?
仰るとおりで間違い有りません。以前「cEzE」と「Wee yea ra hymme」について例に出していますが、単語が短いという事はSHW（脳内）とバイナリ野とのデータ転送量も激減しますし、処理は早くなります。
Your interpretation is correct. As for the examples of [cEzE] and [Wee yea ra hymme] you gave, the shorter the word, the shorter the data transmission between the SHW (inside the Reyvateil's brain) and the Binary Field will become, speeding up its processing. As for soundless Song Magic, it was made impossible due to the security problems it would have caused (otherwise Reyvateils would have been able of assassinating other people as much as they liked). It was because of this that it was made compulsory for the Tower's [return] to be heard.
Thank you for always answering the questions with all your effort!
1) Would it be possible to transplant the alternate personae residing in Saki and Finnel if there were other appropriate Reyvateils to serve as their vessels? And if this was possible, what effect would it have in Saki and Finnel?
2) Generally speaking, how long can the residual wills of the Reyvateils remain in the Server? Would it be possible to salvage them?
1) As for the personae transplantation, remember that they are Wills of the Planet's Consensus, so it's impossible to transplant them to other Reyvateils. However, in case that was possible, if the receptor βs don't fulfill some of the conditions that make Saki or at least Finnel what they are (the most essential one being having a direct connection with the Antibodies lodged in Tilia's Binary Field, which makes both Third Generations and βs from other Towers unable to be receptors), they won't be able to lodge the personae inside themselves. If a Reyvateil that can't receive the personae was forced to become the receptor for the transplantation, this would completely destroy her mind and turn her into a vegetable.
2) Roughly a hundred years, but [luck] is an strong factor here too. This is because their addresses have a chance of being overwritten whenever a new β is produced. If no overwriting happened for a long time, it would be possible for their wills to remain for several centuries.
As for salvaging them, it's almost impossible. The best you could do with them would be locating the coordinates of their addresses to Dive into them. Sadly, this is because their SHWs (minds) are only compatible with the Triangular Nuclear Loop that was used to create and raise them.
Hello. I'm always looking forward to read through this column! This is my first submission.
Here are some quick questions,
1) There has been a final decision taken about the detailed pronunciation of the Hymmnos words and letters? And would it be possible to write them using the real-world IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet)?
2) What was the purpose of the [Moon Culvert] that could be found in the Ar tonelico 2 map?
1) While we have an exemplary pronunciation based off from Japanese phonetics, it certainly would be possible to represent them through the IPA (after al, it's possible to represent all sorts of pronunciations throught it). However, due to the emotions of the Reyvateil at each specific instant, the pronunciations might get distorted (such as when we gloss over some pronunciations to make singing smoother) or particular accents may appear.
2) It was built to serve as the exit through which the XP Shell found in the Third Tower would be shot. In the game, there was a point in which the Second Tower was originally going to serve the function the Third Tower had and this structure was built for when that time came. However, before the [complex structures (such as the rails and machinery)] necessary for the XP Shell could be built, the Tower itself couldn't be completed, which it's the reason why the Moon Culver ended remaining as just a large hole.
Thanks for all your hard work in answering these questions everytime.
1) While it was said that Cloche's (Reika's) birthday was in the [Third Light of Cello, Seventh Rain of Viola], what are the differences between the calendars used by Metafalss, Sol Ciel and El Duel?
2) Similarly to the previous question, how many days long is a year in Ar Ciel? I thought it was a period of twelve months since the Gods in Starcircling were twelve, too.
3) What kind of place is Lere's Reservoir?
What kind of calendar is used in Ar Ciel?
I guessed that a calendar based off from both the Cello and Viola moons was the norm from the way Lady Cloche's birthday was said, but...
And similarly to how we have a lunar and solar calendar in Earth, do the different cultures in Ar Ciel have their own calendar systems?
First, I'll answer Shortbread's and Swallow's first question:
1) The current cultures have some minor differences, but all of them use basically the same calendar that the previous generations (the First Era, prior to the Grathnode Inferia) used, although with some alterations (all of them being the product of the passing of time).
However, Metafalss indeed has an special calendar system, which is used only for representing birthdays. [Third Rain of Cello, Seventh Rain of Viola] is an example of that calendar, which uses the degree of waxing and waning of both moons. Light refers to [the time in which the moon is waxing], while Rain refers to the [time in which the moon is waning]. The numerals serve to depict their grade of waning and waxing.
Aside of this, all of the regions in Ar Ciel use a solar calendar similar to the one we have on Earth.
2) While a year in Ar Ciel is 360 days long, using the names of the twelve Gods to refer to the months is actually a popular custom only in Sol Ciel and Sol Cluster. Since the previous methods they used to count the days had various measurement errors of variable extent, it was decided that both regions would share a mostly similar calendar system in order to have the same number of days for their years.
3) It just a region constructed by extremely rough blocks, which can't be given any particular uses. However, since a lot of rain water accumulated in this place, it became a natural reservoir, which made the people from the Second Era onward call it the [Lere Reservoir]. However, the people merely gave that name to the place due to the reasons stated above.
1) When Raki descended in Ar tonelico 2,
she said that [Physical intervention of Sol Marta is forbidden by article #9032, 5th clause of the Pact], but what does that mean?
It drew my attention since I thought that things like physical intervention should be among the first articles, not under a high number such as 9032.
2) What kind of school systems do the settings of the three games have? We're always seeing them both in the Cosmospheres and Binary Fields, but I think we never saw anyone going to school in the real (?) world.
3) I was told [Please, first choose the issue you wish to read at the right column] when using the full-text search! Please, help me!!
1) The Pact's articles are divided in sections, each of them starting in a number multipliable by 1000, so actually, there aren't 9000 articles. The sections are as follows: the articles starting in 0 are [General Rules], the ones starting in 1000 are [Pact Rules], the ones starting in 2000 are [Administration Rules]. As for the ones starting in 9000, these are [Rules for the Maintenance of Public Order].
2) Simply put, we had to leave them out because we couldn't include normal townspeople among the important characters for the story. For example, in AT3 Saki worked at a preschool, so it's natural that you could visit one during the game because of that. As for the First Tower, there both academies sponsored by Tenba, and schools run by the Church, where anyone can enlist to begin learning the subjects they teach (while paying a monthly tuition fee, of course).
As for the Second Tower, there are both schools for bureaucrats and academies for the knights in Pastalia, in contraposition to the Rim, where they don't have an actual school system and instead their schooling is centered around moral lessons imparted by particulars, similarly to the temple elementary schools that were so common in Japan during the Edo Period.
3) I'm very sorry, that was a misprint and it has been corrected now.
Here are a few questions that have been bothering me:
1) Even if it was possible to easily get the appropriate equipment and Symphonic Power for creating a Heart of the Land, wouldn't trying to make the consciousness that the land would need upon being created become a large showstopper?
2) About the Reyvateils that were made at the same time as Mir, there was any reason behind them never awakening?
3) Would it be impossible to output the images seen in either the Binary Field or Cosmospheres during a Dive, and record them? Although if it was possible, it would be necessary to establish a large-scale organization in order to regulate the morality and privacy of the Cosmospheres' owners, right?
1) It's exactly as you say. The equivalent level of technology necessary for building these facilities is the same that would be needed for building a particle accelerator-class facility in our current Earth. Still, the project would be considerably hindered upon trying to create the consciousness for the land. This is because if you were to make a human, it would suffice with just copying the Soulspace off someone, but it was impossible to copy the Wills of the Planet.
2) For several reasons, they perished inside their nurturing tanks and it was decided they would be left like this because they wouldn't function normally.
3) At the present, it's impossible. That would require the same level of technology needed for projecting dreams into an screen. Of course, Dive Machines can handle the Soulspace and dreams in a scientific manner, but practically speaking, what happens there is that they leave the Reyvateil and the Diver in an space where direct H-Waves interferences can happen between both while the Dive Shop operator can only observe energy changes between wave frequency zones and the like. And while the Machines also have a part capable of making mechanical simulations similar to the [Mind Guardians], these are only an extremely small part of their functions, so to project an entire mind it would require a complete analysis of the signals sent and received by both the Reyvateil and the Diver during the Dive to then convert them into data.
1) Would it be possible to retranscribe an IPD into an ATD (change her server to the First Tower)? And if this was possible, would she become unable to sing in New Testament of Pastalie upon becoming an ATD?
2) While it might take several years for an IPD to get transcribed into an ATD, how long would she be able to continue using Infel Phira's functions (such as Song Magic in New Testament of Pastalie)?
3) On a related question to the above, would it be possible to change the Reyvateils between the Servers of the First and Third Towers? And if it was possible, would βs from the First Tower (such as Misha) become capable of using FLIP-type Hymmnos Extracts?
I really don't understand which are functions of the Reyvateils and which are from the Towers...
1) Theoretically it's possible (although there isn't technology capable of doing so at the moment). Once that happens, she won't be capable of singing in New Testament of Pastalie upon becoming an ATD. And in the worst cases, she could end having lapses in memory similar to the [amnesia] caused by serious injuries, and while she could remember some things, these memories would at best be hazy, like images from a dream.
2) Until the transcription is almost complete, she would be able to continue using them, although this is because the changes are gradual. During the months in which these changes take place, she will have a several emotional instability and her memories will mostly become hazy, which happens because at this time Infel Phira and Ar tonelico are performing a two-way connection. There would be some digressions, but since Infel Phira also supports Standard Hymmnos, it would also play a role in helping greatly to reduce the instability caused by the migration of the Soulspace from a server to other. As mentioned above, once an IPD has become an ATD (Ar tonelico Dependant), she will forget all the Song Magic she has learned, which will cause her a lot of stress, but because of losing them she will also gain full support for the Standard Hymmnos dialects.
3) Once again, it's theoretically possible. However, no one happens to have the necessary technology for it in the period in which the games take place. Of course, if it was possible to perform said migration, she would become capable of using FLIP-type Songs.
The Towers have the functions that control Song Magic, while Reyvateils have the function of crafting their feelings into Songs. If we put this into programming terms (I'm very sorry to those who don't understand this explanation), Reyvateils have the role of a descriptor in C Language, while the compiler that compiles the source code into programs are the Towers. While C Language descriptors have the same source code, the machine compilers can compile programs for Windows, Mac, Linux and others from just using that as the basis. That is more or less the relationship between Reyvateils and the Towers.
Thank for you previous answers. It might be getting ahead of myself, but here's a question on something that has been bothering me:
On the previous issue, you said that [Pastalie doesn't support the Binasphere Chorus], but in issue 8, you said that [It's possible, although it would be hard enough to make anyone cry].
I can't make heads or tails from these explanations, so please, tell us why [it doesn't support it] or everyone else will try something impossible, among other things.
I'm very sorry for repeating a similar question, and I hope we can continue interacting as always.
I'm very sorry, the answer from the previous issue was wrong. Singing in Binasphere Chorus has effects, even in the New Testament of Pastalie.
However, since the New Testament of Pastalie's greatest feature is its high singing speed, this means that using the Binasphere Chorus in it doesn't give any advantages (of course, it might be possible to use it to execute a complex process). At the present time, there aren't any Hymmnos in New Testament of Pastalie that make use of it.
Thank you for all your hard work.
Well then, here's the question for this time: if the Afezeria HARVESTASYA story was considered offensive enough by Sol Cluster to cause a war, why the name of its main character, Harvestasha, was used as the name of the Tower located in Sol Cluster?
Or was the story involving Harvestasha and Salapator never told in Sol Cluster?
The reason why the Third Tower has Harvestasha's name comes from the fact that its constructors were people from the First Tower. The person in charge of its construction, [Kurogane], was originally a bureaucrat from El Elemia, and from there he was transferred to the leadership of the AHPP (Ar Ciel: Heal the Planet Project) and degraded to builder of the Third Tower. Also, the main computer of the Third Tower, [Harvestasha], who also gave it its name, was built in the First Tower and then shipped off to the place in which the Tower was planned to be built (Sol Cluster).
Eolia, Frelia and Tilia aren't Wills of the Planet, but are actually the [First Demigoddesses]. In the song [Singing Hill ~Ar=Ciel Ar=Dor~] it says that Eolia, Frelia and Tilia initially were born into the surface and later on the crafted the existence of the following Demigods (such as Harvestasha and the others).
Their names written in Cluster form are as follows: [Eolia = 飛翔天 (Hishouten)], [Frelia = 飛翔天 (Hekijouten), and [Tilia = 海?天 (Kaibyouten)].
From the AT3 Setting Encyclopedia onward we have gotten several mentions of the Demigods, but did they actually exist, and in case they did, what kind of existences were they?
They seem to have the same level of importance in Ar Ciel's myths as the Wills of the Planet (the Gods) themselves, and thus were given all sorts of roles, but from your explanations, they seem to be exaggerations and romantic details that were added afterwards to the myths themselves.
Because of the above, I wanted to ask if the Demigods did actually exist. Also, if they did actually exist, what kind of existences were they?
The Demigods themselves did really exist. They were basically lives that were born to serve as intermediaries between the normal humans and the Wills of the Planet, therefore, it was said that they descended with the mission of leading the people under a fixed path. And as for the way in which the Demigods themselves learned about this, it was because they would suddenly remember this mission on a certain day.
As for the normal humans, the first generation of them had a Demigod father and mother (or otherwise, one of them) and then the humans multiplied from there onward. In other words, the Demigods also had the role of living to serve as the origin of the humans.
Thank you for answering my rather long question from the previous issue.
I intended to mean by [not having seen enough Talk Topics] that [there wasn't enough intimacy], so I'm sorry for not having written that. ^^;
Anyway, here are my questions for today, which are about Ar Ciel's cuisine.
1) Which is the main food for each region? Of course, if you have already given them one. This is because the Wings of Horus and the Great Fang both seem to be normal agricultural areas, but since Metafalss was forced to have mainly Kururuku due to the scarcity of water, they might no have a main food, though...
2) Since there are several items such as the Nyo? Guts, and there was a story in the Toukousphere about the Trulywaath family having to go through the dilemma of making BBQ from a monster's meat due to the lack of food, there should be several monsters that resembles normal animals enough to be edible, right? If there are any monsters like that, their meat would taste and feel similar to that of normal animals? And hunting them would also be a highly-paid profession? Or are they treated as mere beasts?
3) I was wondering about Platina's food situation. Did they actually keep a commercial route open with the Lower World in order to buy food? Or they ended producing food in some way with the Tower's technology?
1) The main crops in Sol Ciel are rice and wheat. Of course, this is mostly applied to the Wings of Horus, but the only place from which anything can't be harvested is the Tower itself, so the food is abundant anyway. As for Metafalss, it goes without saying that Kururuku is their main food. And in Sol Cluster's case, the Great Fang is the main agricultural region in it, but said region has developed large-scale underground cultivation techniques and other similar arts, coming up with all sorts of ways to cultivate root crops, so the vegetables and fruits from said kind of crops are the main staples of the food in this area. And while it's possible to cultivate and harvest wheat in the Blue Canyon Hamlet, it would have to be bought and sold at extremely high prices.
2) The line between monsters and animals is quite vague, so those like wolves are comparitively easier to eat than others. On the other hand, creatures like Poms wouldn't be eaten be anyone. Other creatures like the Nyo?s and plant-type monsters are mostly seasonal food, making them quite a delicacy. However, it's quite obvious from this that humans would be able to eat anything they came across (even to the point of trying to eat the Cloud Sea Fishes).
3) Platina makes use of special cultivation techniques. Since the contact with the Lower World was fundamentally cut-off for about 400 years, it would be impossible for them to import food from places such as Nemo (at least before the end of the game). Platina mainly makes use of hydroponics farms for its food, but its productivity isn't actually very good, while on the contrary, the underground farms used in Metafalss have a quite high productivity. However, Platina isn't an overcrowded city, which allows said ways of producing food enough to make it into a self-sufficient settlement.